Monday, May 21, 2007

I need honest opinions. Really, speak up on this one. These pictures are not blown out on my monitor, but might be on others. I need to recalibrate my monitor...so besides it possibly being blown out, what do you think of the process of editing this picture? Is number three just too much? I have cropped this picture differently for printing, but for editing I left the cropping unaltered. Anyway, is there too much color? To much contrast? Thoughts. I showed three stages. The original (pretty bad huh!), my previous finished version, and the third is something new I am trying. Tell me what you think. If you think the middle is better, let me know. I kind of like the last one, but at the same time, I think it is too much.

5 comments:

Debbie Lawrence said...

I really really like the third one Erin. I feel like they are so real that they are going to run up and get me! I guess some people might think the color is a little much, but I really like the way it feels like you are looking through a window.

Heather C. said...

I like the middle one best. I actually thought that was the original and the left one was it softened/toned down and the right was it intensified. That was before I read your caption. They are all amazing of course, but the 3rd one looks a bit surreal to me, but depends on what you are going for.

Anonymous said...

Not that my two cents would count for anything because I just don't have the eye for it, but I like number two.

Mom-entarily Out of Order said...

I like the third one the best as far as bright colors. Their faces are not blown out at all and I love your blues. (faces could even be a little brighter)

I don't like the grass in any of them. Too yellow in the first two and too yellow/green in the last. Unfortunately I don't have a solution.

Anonymous said...

i like the third one. i love color and i think that it's vibrant and intense. it makes me happy.