Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Braedon's birthday was last week. He wanted to have a Pirate Party, and he REALLY wanted the Lewis boys over. I made a chocolate pirate ship cake, but it fell apart. Next time I should read the directions a little better. Everyone uses pound cake (that I could see at least) for the pirate ship. Thank goodness I made an island too! Brae helped me make a chocolate treasure chest. Dad helped make some palm trees. We had fun.

It rained all week, and it rained most of the day on Friday (his party day) It did stop long enough to do a pinata and for us to go on a treasure hunt. We buried the treasure, and Brae had to dig for it. We also made a boat earlier in the week for kids to through balls through. The orginal plan was to make two boats and see who could "sink" the other side's ship the fastest...but that never worked out due to the rain. It was supposed to be like a bean bag toss with the kids sitting in boats trying to throw balls through the opposing side's holes. Bummer it didn't work out that way. We did get one boat mostly completed though. They have a lot of fun ideas for pirate themed Bday parties online.

Anyways, here are a few pictures from the party.



We let Cameron go first thinking that she would do the least damage to the pinata. Well she hit it so hard that the string fell off the top of the treasure chest. Dad had to rig it a little differently so we could hang it up. Well, I guess she didn't hit it THAT hard...she just hit it in the right place. We did tell her that she had to make a pirate face and say "Argh!" while she swung. ;)



Do you like our "siding"? Actually, we are almost ready to put the siding up. The bathroom is almost done! That is my next post though.


Brae loved "digging" up the treasure. I am glad that I made the kids wear their yucky clothes. It was sure wet and muddy out there. We wish it would stop raining so we can get some fill dirt in. We really want to have grass again!

2 comments:

Debbie Lawrence said...

What a fun party! I will have to remember the pirate idea. That is too fun.

I can't believe how long Shalene and Cameron's hair has gotten...it must have been a long time since I have seen a picture of them!

Linda Cameron said...

Erin, it turned out so cute! Now I have pictures of everyone's birthdays in May except yours. If you don't send me a picture, I will find the most hideous one that I can!! Beth gave us a side pose. Please, please, won't you?