I am going to try and write more things about the kids. I tend to get carried away with posting pictures so why not write something as well?The other day while we were getting ready for church, Nate was putting on his tie, and Cami was getting ready to put on her shoes. She tilts her head (looking kind of shy) and says, "Dad, will you be my prince?" I thought that was so cute. She has her dad wrapped around her finger.
Also, Cami thinks she has super powers. Seriously. If you ask her about her powers, she will say that she is fast and strong. We sometimes use this to our advantage. If we want her to go get something or to put something away, we ask her to show us her super powers. She is usually more than willing to show them off. Anyway, the other day we were watching a movie as a family. She was sitting on Nate's lap. A little bit of hair from his chest was sticking out of his shirt. Looking a bit confused she asked, "Dad, what are those? Do they give you super powers?" We both started laughing. Then Nate started blowing on her tummy. She of course loves that. She then wanted to blow on Nate's tummy. He lifted up his shirt, and she instantly became very quiet. She just stared at his tummy. Nate could see that she was a bit disturbed by the site of his stomach so he said, "I don't think you want to blow on my tummy. It is kind of hairy." Without taking her eyes off his stomach, she shook her head and said, "Yep, I don't think I want to!"

There is a kid in Cami's class that looks around the room to name his toys. For example, he has a stuffed animal named "Door Knob" or something like that. I found it very amusing when I heard his mom list off some of the things he'd named his toys. :) Cami on the other hand, usually picks names that no one, including herself, will ever remember. They just sound like random noises. She does have a couple of names that are kind of normal. All of her horses are named "Weenie", her favorite bear is named "Cutie", and her Jessie (from Toy Story 2) doll is named "Dolly". Cameron usually introduces her doll like this, "Her name is Jessie, but I call her Dolly". Well, the other day she came up to me and said, "Here! Hold my baby. His name is Broccoli....like pickles." I found this odd for her so I asked her why she named her baby Broccoli. She looked at me like I was dumb and said, "Because he said, 'My name is Broccoli'." That name has stuck and now we can add Broccoli to her list of coherent names.
There you go! I actually wrote something!
7 comments:
What memorable moments! I'm so glad that you are writing them down. Kids really do say the darnedest things. She still looks like Grandma's Pixie.
These really were the funniest stories ever. I was laughing SO hard thinking of Cami staring at Nathan's hairy belly. ha, ha!
I LOVE your pictures, but it was great to hear some stories too. So funny. I can't wait to get to know your kids again (some of them for the first time, really).
Well done Erin the comments and the pictures are great! I love kid stories!
I love the pictures and hearing stories about your kids. It makes me feel like I know them a little better. How cute.
Cam and Vivi are at my favorite age right now. The things they say are so funny! Vivi names her animals unusual things too - she must have learned it from Cam.
I'm assuming you are talking about S and his pet skunk Garage Door Button and his backpack Smoke Detector. I personally like Cami's name choices better! Way less embarrassing to mention in public!
-Susannah
Post a Comment