
Twelve Waffles....
The other day Cammie and I were about 40 minutes away from home. Cammie was complaining about how long it would take to get home. "Mom! We are so far from home! We are twelve waffles!" I was really confused by the waffles part, so I asked her what she thought waffles were. She said in a very "duh" kind of voice, "Food!" I have had kids get confused and say things like, "I am 12 pounds tall" or "It's going to take me 2,000 years to get there," but I have never had any of my kids use food to measure things. Anyway, the next day when our entire family was in the car, I was sharing with everyone what Cammie had said. Then Brae said, "Mom! It's from the movie Bolt!" So there you go! If you have no clue what you kid is saying or why, ask them if they saw it on TV!
The other day Cammie and I were about 40 minutes away from home. Cammie was complaining about how long it would take to get home. "Mom! We are so far from home! We are twelve waffles!" I was really confused by the waffles part, so I asked her what she thought waffles were. She said in a very "duh" kind of voice, "Food!" I have had kids get confused and say things like, "I am 12 pounds tall" or "It's going to take me 2,000 years to get there," but I have never had any of my kids use food to measure things. Anyway, the next day when our entire family was in the car, I was sharing with everyone what Cammie had said. Then Brae said, "Mom! It's from the movie Bolt!" So there you go! If you have no clue what you kid is saying or why, ask them if they saw it on TV!
3 comments:
ha, ha! I have never seen Bolt so I never would have gotten that (uh...I still don't get it...). I just love seeing pictures that you have taken. I love that one of Cammie. :)
So funny. I've seen Bolt but don't remember that at all. Kids crack me up. I have to try not to laugh whenever Mason says something is 5 "elbs" (he is trying to pronounce lbs.) Why in the world is lbs the abbreviation for pounds? It makes NO sense.
My favorite memory of Cami is when she quoted the line from Horton Hears a Who..."In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies".
That's fine and dandy BUT I'd never seen the movie, thus making what she said a little weird.
Don't worry though I found out pretty quick.
Post a Comment