What is kind of funny is that when I was a kid, we could see a huge difference in the temperature and environment when we went camping. We lived in Tucson and going up into the mountains meant a break from the heat and trees! Now, we pretty much live in the mountains. The weather is nice and it is a pretty place to be. Camping for us now means that we leave the nice weather and head into the heat. Although the mountains where we camped are still green, it is a bit more barren compared to where we live. I just thought that was a bit humorous. Our kids will have opposite memories than we have.
Sha and Ky slept in the small tent. Dad, Brae and Cam slept in the bigger tent while baby and I slept in the van. That was very uncomfortable. I don't think I will be doing that again. :) At least not in that van. Our last van was pretty comfortable. The picture was taken in the morning. That is why we all look so fabulous!
The kids really enjoyed paddling the canoes. Boy was it windy though! I was seriously a little freaked out at first. 

Camping isn't camping for us without throwing the football around. Ky loves to do that. Brae doesn't catch very well yet, but his throwing is getting much better.
I got kind of bored waiting for the boys to get back from their little trip in the canoe so Shalene modeled for me even though she didn't want to. Thank you Shalene. Bummer you can't tell the background is water. Too much DOF.
1 comment:
Looks fun. Camping is never easy with kids but you look like you did a good job and were a trooper -- especially taking such a little baby!
Post a Comment