It is HOT!!!

We hit 105 this week. I am from Tucson, AZ...I know what it is like to be hot, and I KNOW I don't like it! :) One good thing about our 1930's home, is that we have air conditioning. The kids went out and played in the water while I stayed in and watched them out the window. I thought their methods of trying to stay cool were pretty creative. They hung the hose up like a shower for a while. Then they took a bucket and poured water on top of each other. Then they chased one another and played wars with the different hoses we have. I love to see them play together and use their imaginations. They stayed outside for hours. Thank goodness for sunscreen.
See the hose they hooked up on the post there? They had fun getting sprayed by it. Ky thought he was pretty darn awesome after getting a bucket of FREEZING cold water poured over his head. Um...go Ky. Nice dance.
Cammie's scary face as she is cooling off in a bucket full of water. Looks like snot is flying off her nose, but it is only water from the hose. That kind of grossed me out at first. ;)

Of course, the kids had to drink out of the hose as well.
One of the days, I took her out in the shade, and she enjoyed sitting on the airplane. She didn't like the water much.

We hit 105 this week. I am from Tucson, AZ...I know what it is like to be hot, and I KNOW I don't like it! :) One good thing about our 1930's home, is that we have air conditioning. The kids went out and played in the water while I stayed in and watched them out the window. I thought their methods of trying to stay cool were pretty creative. They hung the hose up like a shower for a while. Then they took a bucket and poured water on top of each other. Then they chased one another and played wars with the different hoses we have. I love to see them play together and use their imaginations. They stayed outside for hours. Thank goodness for sunscreen.
See the hose they hooked up on the post there? They had fun getting sprayed by it. Ky thought he was pretty darn awesome after getting a bucket of FREEZING cold water poured over his head. Um...go Ky. Nice dance.
Cammie's scary face as she is cooling off in a bucket full of water. Looks like snot is flying off her nose, but it is only water from the hose. That kind of grossed me out at first. ;)
Of course, the kids had to drink out of the hose as well.
One of the days, I took her out in the shade, and she enjoyed sitting on the airplane. She didn't like the water much.
3 comments:
Yikes! I guess it is nice to get reminders every once in a while about why we DO NOT live in Arizona anymore. Except I am glad that Idaho did not get that reminder. :) I love all the pictures of the kids. Playing in water is so much fun!
How fun for your children. You make even days that could be miserable into so much fun. I don't feel like going out back and dumping a bucket of water over my head.
I heard it was HOT up there! That stinks! It's pretty hot here right now but no were near what it was like in AZ. I'm just glad when I open my front door I have a naturally cool house! I'm going to take Abby outside tomorrow and let her run through the sprinkler. Summer won't last forever!
Post a Comment